Wednesday, January 20, 2010

8. MISS ALISSA'S NEW HAIR-DO

We had a quiz today. I revert back to my high school days when I never studied and then wondered why, when I looked at the material on the test, I didn't recognize anything that was being asked. That's how I now get when I take tests. I study. I study like a mother, cause I think that the "old lady" in the class needs to prove something, and besides, I hate to fail or at least not come out on top (not that I'm competitive or anything like that). But when tests are handed out, this always happens: I look at the questions and internally panic, not recognizing anything that they are asking or even the language it is written in (English).

So the quiz turns out to be quite confusing, as I noticed that it is photo-copied out of a textbook that we do not use, and the definitions do not correlate to any of the definitions in our textbooks.

Mr. Sanchez (again tonight) explains that we will have to know the terminology from both textbooks for the state exam, which doesn't make sense to me since they conflict. He assured us that by the end of the 18 months (SO far away!) it will all compute. I am skeptical.

We worked on Miss Alissa's hair tonight (I PROMISE to provide photos). We learned how to do a long layered cut, commonly known to us hair dressers :) as a 180 degree cut. What is interesting is that I used to have my hair cut in this fashion throughout the 80's (it's sort of a longer-layered version of the Farrah Fawcett hair-do (may she rest in peace), but I never knew what the hairdresser was doing. Mine came out pretty darn good, if I say so myself, and Mr. Sanchez agreed.

Tonight we also reviewed the numerous styles of combs ( I never knew the difference or that there even was such a variety). I'm sure you've seen the comb that has a long tail, formerly referred to as the "rat-tail" comb. Mr. Sanchez was quick to point out that the new politically correct name for this comb is the tail comb. I asked if the rats were getting insulted, and he almost spit out his water. So we have a tail comb, formerly known as the rat tail. I hear Purple Rain playing in my head.

So spit-sucking Stephanie (okay, I'll be nice-which as I've mentioned before is hard for me), Stephanie, was kind enough, being the aficionado of hair shampooing, to show me some shampooing tricks, that were actually pretty cool. Maybe she's trying to suck up (oops, no pun intended), but it was helpful.

Tomorrow we have another large exam. Two in one week-I feel like it's mid-terms except it's only the second week of school. I have to see only one patient tomorrow, a new case down in Boca requiring wound care (my favorite) and then I'm coming home to study.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment